Yardlings Can Sample College's Dinner Fare On Inter-House Basis

Freshmen will have inter-House eating privileges on an "experimental", basis. Dean Leighton and Associate Dean Watson announced jointly yesterday. The new privilege was explained in the following seven point statement:

"1. Any member of a House may take a freshman as his guest to his House dining hall without extra charge, provided that the freshman is on a full week contract at the Union.

2. Any freshman or College official authorized to take meals at the Harvard Union may take a member of a House to the Union as his guest without extra charge, provided that the member of the House is on a full weekly contract in a House.

3. Commuters not on full board contract my be entertained as guests by payment with coupons.

4. Guests must identify themselves by showing their Bursar's card or Dining Hall cards at the checker's desk in the dining hall in which a meal is taken.

5. Hosts are required to countersign meal slips of guests.

6. Inter-dining hall privileges will ordinarily be restricted to evening meals and will be subject to such restrictions as the Master of any House may wish to apply in his House or the Dean of freshmen may apply at the Harvard Union.

7. Not more than two guests per meal will be allowed to each host, subject to exceptions by the Master or Dean of Freshmen. No student my be a guest for more than three meals per week.