Dunster's Degenerate Athletes Find Females' Field Sport Ideal

Dunster House's Drinking and Athletic Society has decided that the worthy cause of girl's field hockey should be advanced. So the boys down by the Charles mustered a motley team of pensioned lettermen from various sports to take on Endicott Junior College yesterday in Beverly.

The society began last year in an effort to improve Harvard's athletic and bibulous relations with girls' colleges in the Boston area. Members first met Bradford Junior and Wheaton Colleges for basketball games and have now decided to enter field hockey competition.

No one, not even team coach Bill Julian, knows what the rules are yet. But everyone plans to brush up before the rougher games to come with Wellesley and Radcliffe. The team weight seems to average about 190 pounds.

The starting lineup ranged all the way from 135-pound, five-foot-five Oscar Gomiez at right wing to 250-pound six-foot six Ed Blodnick at right inner. Other fugitives from Dunster House's football team, besides Blodnick include 240-pound lineman Pete Hill at left inner and end Gerry Murphy at left full.

Last spring's tennis captain Bob Bramhall starred at right half, and lacrosse midfielder Laurie Otis showed real prowess at right full. Footballer Bill Fitzpatrick held down his center position well. But the ace in the hole was varsity hockey player Morgie Hatch at left half.

Nat Harris handled center half, while Hugh Raphael covered left wing. In the goal, coach Julian urged on his team with promises of free beer after the game.

The unlady-like Funsters disclaim any connection with the deceased Mill Street Field Hockey Association and describe themselves as "a big, rough bunch of guys." Julian bragged that his team did not even hold one practice for yesterday's tussle.

The tentative schedule for the season also contains games with Bradford Junior College and Simmons College.