Two Crimson TV-Casts Out

Less people than ever will see Harvard football television this fall as a result of two recent decisions of the telecasts.

Distribution of the coming weekend's Dartmouth game will be cut from 17 to six cities in order to free other cities for reception of the Princeton-Cornell game. The places which will still see the Crimson are Boston. Providence, Schenectady, Syracuse, Binghamton, and Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, the Columbia Broadcasting System, which intended to send over a color telecast of the Yale game, said it had to cancel the color demonstration because new government orders have cut off materials necessary to color operation.

Thomas D. Bolles, director of Athletics, said yesterday that the change in next week's scheduling was made in cooperation with the broadcast sponsors, Westinghouse, because a planned showing of the Princeton team never came off when the Princeton Columbia game was cancelled earlier this season.

Bolles expressed regret that several stations had been taken out of the Harvard hookup, especially because it meant a $15,000 cut in fees from the National Broadcasting Company, the telecast.