The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

27 Masterpieces Are Displayed at Fogg Art Museum

A 27-painting exhibit from the Boston Museum currently hangs at Fogg Museum. Director John Coolidge '35 commented that "probably never before have there been a greater variety of masterpieces at Fogg. This is an immensely important exhibit."

Boston Museum, in order to accommodate an exhibit of masterpieces from Vienna, took down a majority of its paintings, the most important of which are at Fogg. The exhibit will run through November.

Among the paintings on exhibition are El Greco's "Fray Felix Hortension Palavicino," Van Der Weyden's "St. Luke Painting the Madonna," and Titian's "St. Catherine of Alexandria."

Second Exhibit

A second exhibition, "Masterpieces of Chinese Bird and Flower Painting," will open in the Oriental section of Fogg October 30. There will be close to 40 paintings in the display, which will cover the period from the Sung to the Ching dynasties, 960 A.D. to 1912.

These paintings have ben loaned to Fogg from six museums and several private collections. Benjamin Rowland, Jr. '28, professor of Fine Arts, said that "this is the last collection of the sort in the United States."