Green Downs Booters, 3 to 1

By James M. Storey

It took more that a scrappy Dartmouth outfit to maintain the Indians' jinx over the varsity soccer team yesterday. Some obviously inefficient officiating on two Green goals helped give a strong Green team a 3 to 1 victory on the Business School Field.

Bruce Munro's men did not play their best, however, and Dartmouth deserved its victory. In the first half it was all Dartmouth, with the play in the Crimson's some most of the time. The Green scored its first goal at 19:50 of the first period when right outside Art Judson's corner kick was batted down by Dick Craven only to have Bon Drawbaugh knock it in. The play was questionable as the corner kick apparently curved out and then in again.

Beer Looked Good

During the second half the Crimson seemed to revive. Right inside Johny Beer put a little life into the disorganized attack, while Captain Craven played his usual good game in the goal. The Indians passing was more accurate, however, and at 9:00 of the third period Jalme Pradilla converted a cross from Art Judson on the portliest play of the game.

In the last quarter the Crimson passing began to click, with George Baker finally breaking the nice at 5:50 by heading in a centering pass from Berk Johnson. For the next ten minutes Harvard threatened continually, but at 14:15 Dartmouth scored on a play where Drawbaugh clearly controlled the ball with his hand. The referee failed to call it, and the Crimson wilted thereafter.