Placement Office To Hold Talks for '51; Many Jobs Available

According to Alexander Clark, Assistant Director of the Office of Student Placement, "More members of the Class of '52 will get jobs with big companies than the Class of '51, despite draft status."

During the next few days, seniors will receive letters from the Office of Student Placement advising them to start planning for jobs. Students are urged to inspect the Office's files for information on vocations and to read two booklets which cover the aspects of job-hunting. As one booklet warns, "The earlier, you begin your job campaign the better."

Another feature of the Placement Office's program this year is the series of small conferences now being held in the individual Houses. These are intended to encourage the students to ask for the Office's help in making post-graduate plans. Clark emphasized that this aid was not only for those hunting permanent jobs but also for those who seek advice on military service or post-graduate schools.

Interview programs will start soon this year. Besides company personnel representatives, the Office draws on over 300 alumni who are active in locating jobs. Early in the spring, a Conference on Careers will feature talks on jobs which are open, necessary preparation, and opportunities for advancement.