Ruggers to Meet Eli Team in Bowl; Tech Game Today

Crimson ruggers will go to the Yale Bowl on December 1 to play the biggest rugby game on the East Coast since before the war. The New England Chapter of Elks is sponsoring the game.

The Bowl game is a step toward making rugby a more popular sport.

The Eiks hope for a big crowd in the 60,000-seat Bowl, and have started an advertising campaign over the whole state of Connecticut.

Good Chance for Win

The Crimson squad this year has plenty of weight, but still needs more speed. Its biggest asset is a heavy backfield with stars Dick Salisbury from Cambridge. England, Pierre Le Landais from France. Gordon Hutchinson from Scotland, John Cotter, and Sam Adams and Sam Butler, who are both old varsity football players. Should all these men be able to make the Yale trip, the squad stands a good chance of victory against the Elis.

Yale ruggers in the past have mostly been football players. Carrying on in this tradition is varsity star Ed Senay, who will play backfield. Eli captain will he Frank Mueller, and two more stars on his team will be Pete Harrison and Don Irwin. Irwin is a former Argentine International, and it was mainly his fine looking that helped the Elis top the Brenda Rugby League last Easter.

M.I.T. Game Today

The ruggers will match M.I.T. for the second time this season at 2 p.m. today. Unfortunately for the Crimson, few of its backfield stars will be playing, except for Hutchinson, who will be in defense. Trying out in their first game will be freshman Dave Wells and Bob Magruder will play forward in the serum.