Elis Big Favorites In Jayvee Contest

The junior varsity football team will be seeking its first victory of the year this afternoon at Yale, but it is quite possible that the Crimson will end up the season without a win. The Yale jayvees, while no powerhouse, are definitely the better team on a comparative score basis.

The Yale jayvees defeated Dartmouth, 19 to 0, while Norm Shepard's Crimson team was pushed all around by the Big Green and lost, 33 to 0. Furthermore, the Elis lost to Fort Devens. 14 to 6, as compared to the Crimson's 26 to 0 shut-out.

Mainstays of the Yale team are Captain Dave Novkov at guard, passer Tom Richey at quarterback, and high-scorer Al Laisy at halfback. The home team uses a T offense.

The Crimson team will be about the same as usual. The line, from left to right end, will be Bill Hickey, Leo McGrath, Chick Chandler, Pete Cook, Tony Caimi, Captain Stan Miller, and Bill James. In the backfield Brint Donaldson will start at quarterback, Ronnie Noonan at fullback, and Bill Van Epps and Ronnie Messer at the halfbacks.

Expected to play a lot, especially on defense, are Dave Silverman, Dave Hiller, Sid Kane, Adams Hinds, Fred Horween and George Bates in the line, and Earl Trucker, Buddy Linn, Howie Finney, and Steve Lemman in the backfield.