Council Expects Pepp Parietal Rules Debat

Will Make Last Ditch Attempt To Keep Proposals Alive; May Enlist Faculty Support

Student Council members last night anticipated lively debate on the practical rules issue when the Council meets this evening for the first time since the Administrative Board turned down the Council recommendation for liberalization of the dormitory regulations.

Though all Council members were keenly disappointed by the Board's decision there was not much unanimity express over the weekend on what steps the undergraduate body could take next bring University Hall around its view.

Richard E. Johnson '53, Council treasurer, said last night that he may suggest that Council members ask sympathe faculty members to support the undergraduate view at the Faculty meeting tomorrow afternoon. The Faculty has the power to ask the Administrative Board to reconsider all reports that it make though it rarely uses this power.

Nothing Heard from Masters

The Housemasters, who approved with minor changes the Council and House Committees plan for extending room permissions to 11-p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, have as yet made no comment on the Administrative Board's revers of their stand. They may possibly express their opinions at the Faculty meeting.

Prior to tonight's meeting, representatives from the Council may meet with Dean Bender, chairman of the Administrative Board, to get further-clarification his stand regarding the parietal rule and to find out if he has any alternate recommendations to the Council proposal