Sports Heads Will Discuss Possible Open-Closed Date

Director of Athletics Thomas D. Bolles will meet today with H.A.A. Business Manager Carroll F. Getchell and Director of Intramural Athletics Adolph W. Samborski 26 to see if a new date for the House All-Stars football game can be arranged.

Heavy rains Saturday forced the H.A.A. to call off the scheduled contest between "Open" and "Closed" to Prevent serious damage to the Stadium playing field, which had been thoroughly soaked for two straight days.

The cancellation disappointed the House players who had been selected for the two teams, and many of them contacted by the CRIMSON last night expressed the hope that a new date could be arranged. Whether a new date would require a further revision in House schedules is not known as yet.

Bingham Award Delayed

The CRIMSON, which jointly sponsored the game with the H.A.A., was to make an award to William J. Bingham '16, Chairman of the Faculty Committee on Athletic Sports, who was the founder of House football during his tenure as Athletic Director. The date of the presentation will depend largely on the outcome of today's meeting.

Some 1,200 people turned out for an "Open" and "Closed" rally on the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building Friday night. The crowd was surprisingly large for the dismal, rainy night and Alvin R. Randall, chief of University police, said it was the most spirited rally ever held here.

All events at Soldiers Field were called off Saturday because of the rain, save for the rugby game with McGill.