Job Prospects Excellent For '52 Graduates

Demand Heaviest for Science Concentrators, According to Clark of Placement Bureau

Graduating seniors will find better jobs than ever this year, Alexander Clark, assistant director of the Office of Student Placement, recently predicted. The outlook is especially good in the scientific fields where the emphasis seems to be on companies competing for good men, instead of the men competing for good jobs.

Concentrators in chemistry, physics and Engineering Sciences and Applied Physics (ESAP) are especially in demand now, Clark stated. Many large industrial concerns have sent requests to the Placement Office to hire men majoring in these fields, especially for defense plant work.

Jobs for A.B. Grade Too

Bat liberal arts graduates will also find a comparatively easy time over recent years in finding positions in business and "their non-scientific areas, Clark added. Although many young men are being called into military service, business companies have become increasingly anxious to find A.B. graduates to take into their sales and administration training programs. At present, they are disregarding the individual's draft classification, unless he had already been called up.

Probably the hardest field to enter now is writing, which has been filled for several years. This field includes journalism, radio and movie script writing, and to a lesser extent, advertising.

Government agencies, also looking for good men now, usually pay better early salaries, but businesses as a rule pay their men higher salaries in the long run.