Little Heads Smoker

News in Brief

Warren M. Little of Wigglesworth was yesterday named Chairman of the Freshman Smoker Committee at its first meeting since it took office on November 30. Paul Rugo, also of Wigglesworth, will be treasurer and Robert DuBose of Mower, publicity director.

The committee has so far been unable to name the date of the Smoker because both Memorial Hall and Sanders Theatre are booked for every weekend during February, but expressed confidence that it can solve the problem.

To supplement the entertainment provided by the two or three "big-name" stars, the committee has initiated a University-wide search for student talent. The committee won't decide exactly who the stars will be for about a week.

The other officers named yesterday were Richard S. Dolins of Holworthy, and Guy J. Clannavel, the commuter representative who will handle Entertainment. Frederick L. Bernstein of Hollis and Augustus L. Smith of Straus will tackle the pressing liquor problem and T. Russell McGrath will be in charge of staging the show.