Matmen Strangle Terriers for 2nd Straight Victory

The pattern for the Crimson's decisive 33 to 5 victory ever Boston University wrestlers was not in the opening round of last night's meet at the Blockhouse.

Eddie Bursk started things off with a pin, and varsity matmen took his cue and went on to crush the Terriers by taking seven out of eight matches, six of them on falls. It was the second straight win for the Crimson.

Coach Bob Pickett's reshuffled starting lineup went through six consecutive matches and piled up a 28 to 0 load, before Terrier Captain Jim Kacavas pinned 177-pound Dick Farrington late in the third round on a body press.

After Bursk's second-round pin, 130-pound Bud Adams outfought his opponent for two-and-one-half stanzas, and finally pinned him at 7:23 with a reverse-nelson and body-bar-hold.

Frank Dewar at 137 looked impressive in his first-period win. Icko Iben, fast and experienced, followed with the quickest throw of the meet at 1:10 of the opening period.

Crimson victory was assured when Myles Cunningham, wrestling out of his weight class at 157, decisioned his opponent, 9 to 4, giving the wrestlers a 23 to 0 advantage. Capable Chick Chandler rubbed salt into Terrier wounds with a first-round pin, and after Farrington's defeat, heavyweight George Bates ended the slaughter on a pin at 8:47 with a body press.