H.T.G. Decides to Negotiate Merger with Dramatic Club

At a full membership meeting yesterday afternoon the Harvard Theatre Group unanimously voted approval of a meeting with the Harvard Dramatic Club to "consider plans for pooling resources of the two groups."

President Harold Stone '53 announced last night that he will pick a negotiating committee today and would then contact the H.D.C. offiicaldom to set a date for a meeting.

Meanwhile the question of who first suggested the merger was the subject of considerable controversy. According to a press release from the H.T.G. issued yesterday, that group heard officially about H.D.C.'s merger proposal only late yesterday afternoon...."

But an H.D.C. release, issued the same day says, "The H.T.G., not the H.D.C. initiated...attempts to bring together the two organization." According to this H.D.C. statement two Theatre Group affiliates were asked to sound out the Dramatic Club on the possibility of a merger at a cast party following the final performance of the H.T.G.'s "Enemy of the People."

Part of this confusion may stem from the fact that the two men whom the H.D.C. claims were asked to "sound them out" are Jan W. Cadenhead '53 (a leading player in "Enemy") and Irving Yoskowitz '53 (a leading player in H.D.C.'s "The Dog Beneath the Skin"). Both were present at the cast party and are presumably affiliates of the H.T.G.