Band Moving Its Offices Into Varsity Cellar

Change from Paine to V. Club's Basement; AROTC May Get Claverly's Senior Residence

Band headquarters will move from Paine Hall to the basement rooms of the Varsity Club, Dana M. Hastings '53, Band manager, announced last night.

Previously used as a storage place for the University Dining Halls, the location was handed over to the Band Monday night by the Varsity Club Executive Committee.

For the Band, the deal culminated three months of searching for a deplacement to its outgrown Paine Hall home. Herbert Levin '52, who negotiated the switch for the Band, had earlier considered the basements of Perkins Hall and Apley Court, and Cleverly Senior House.

It is understood, however, that the Air Reserve Officers Training Corps, which currently shares its quarters with the Army R.O.T.C. unit in Shannon Hall, has an option on Claverly Senior House.

The Dining Halls no longer need the Varsity Club rooms because they've been able to save space by increased use of frozen foods.

There is not yet a definite lease establishing a rent, Hasting said last night. "We're fortunate to get such a large and convenient location," he commented.

Hasting also thanked Eric Cutler '40 assistant secretary of the Alumni Association, and Forrester A. Clark '29, president of the Varsity Club, who he said were instrumental in getting the Band its new home.