Deflated Balloon Upsets HTG Plans

A number of thefts and pranks committed during the past few days have seriously interfered with the Harvard Theatre Group's advertising campaign for its current production. "An Enemy of the People." Ralph H. Kennan '54, H.T.G.'s publicity chairman, said last night.

Kennan revealed that a six-foot weather balloon advertising the play collapsed last night. The balloon was flying, over the cat-walk of the Pl Eta clubhouse, where the show is being given.

H.T.G. officials suspected foul play in the collapse of the balloon, which was in perfect condition when checked at 4 p.m. yesterday, but had been deflated three hours later. The ladder leading up to the cat-walk was also broken.

Kennan also disclosed that entry posters advertising the play have mysteriously disappeared over the weekend. The posters, which were distributed last Tuesday, began to vanish on Friday after the show opened. Janitors in Dunster, Eliot, Winthrop, and Leverett said they had no idea who the culprits might be.

Some of the 127 posters that were distributed among Square merchants the Thanksgiving weekend have also vanished.