Skiers Face 6 Teams At Lyndonville Today

Varsity skiers compete today in their first Eastern Division Championships, part of the newly formed Eastern Intercollegiate Association, at Lyndonville, Vermont. The meet begins at 4 p.m. and includes Yale, Williams, Norwich, Amherst, Colby, and Bowdoin.

Meanwhile, the first freshman ski teams in the College's history opens against Dublin and Mount Herman schools today at Dublin in New Hampshire.

Coach Graham Taylor has no strong four-event man to go down slalom, downhill, cross country, nor jumping in the Easterns. But Captain Jim Weaver excels in downhill and jumping and can do fairly well in the other two events. John Hart adds scoring possibility to the team in the cross-country and also performs ably on the jump.

Tim Wise's experience may show up in any of the four events, while Skiddy Lund should ably back up Hart in the cross-country. The team is weakest in the slalom. Taylor will count on John Hauser in this event, although Henry "Butch" Horner is capable of surprising everyone.

In the Yardling meet, last year's Taft captain, Kris Lehmkuhl, and Murdock Whitney are the only experienced skiers competing. Neil Dickson will probably be out with a dislocated shoulder.