Yard Track Team Tops Andover on Final High Jump

Yardling high jumper Matt Reynolds cleared 5 ft. 11 in. on his final attempt to win the freshman track with Andover last Saturday, 50 1/2 to 48 1/2. The Crimson found tougher opposition than expected, and the meet was close until the end.

Outstanding performance of the afternoon was recorded by Andover's Crack Graham, who tied his previous record of 5.5 seconds for the 40-yard low hurdles.

The Yard team took all the field contests except the broad jump: the Blue's Doe Moe leaped 20 ft. 4 1/2 in. to take this event.

The Yardlings' Irv Murray heaved the 12-lb. shot 52 ft. 7 in. to outdistance the field, and the Crimson's John Walocka flipped the 26-lb. weight a distance of 53 ft. 7 in., while Jim Walker, also of the Crimson, placed third.

Murray won honors again in the discus, tossing the plate 124 ft. 6 in. Yard pole vaulter Ed Jacobson topped 11 ft. to win the pole vault, with the Crimson's Myron Hofer taking third.

In the track events, the freshmen bowed to Andover's Moe again; the prep schooler won the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds.