Swimmers, Sextet Compete at Princeton; Five Visits Cornell

Harris, Bliss Return to Action as Crimson Plays Last-Place Tigers

Coach Cooney Weiland's hockey team will be lightly favored in its first taste of Big Three competition this afternoon when the Crimson skates against Princeton on the latter's Baker Rink. Face-off time is 2 p.m.

The Tigers, currently occupying last place in the Pentagonal League, have won five games, losing ten, and tying one. They've dropped all five of their League starts, including a 9 to 1 contest at Yale Thursday night. They lost to Yale, 8 to 5, to Brown twice, and to Dartmouth at Hanover, 5 to 4.

Weiland's squad, which whipped the Green, 6 to 1, in its last outing, will be in its best physical shape since the Western trip. Wing Nat Harris' shoulder is healed, and he'll probably skate with the second line. In addition, Bill Bliss will return to case the tight defensive situation.

In contrast with the Crimson, which is built mainly around a nucleus of voterans, Princeton relies on untried men. Of the 15 men Coach Dick Vaughan will dress for the game, eight are sophomores.

The probable lineup:

Harvard: Corning, g; Burke, l.d.; White, r.d.; Preston (C), l.w.; Kittredge, c.; Marshall, l.w.

Princeton: Cole, g; Mills, l.d.; Bryan, r.d.; Weeden (C), l.w.; Davis, c.; Hoffmann, rw.

The rookies can score--Bill Gall leads the team with 31 points; Hank Bothfield is top goal man with 14.