'Cliffe Girls Ask More Activity in Election Battles

Radcliffe girls feel that more vigorous campaigning will end the apathy surrounding their present Student Council elections.

Almost all of the students interviewed yesterday by the CRIMSON stressed the plan advocated early in the term by the Council itself. They felt that the traditional lack of spunk in elections can be remedied by strong--though somewhat controlled--campaigning.

"The word campaigning would have to be well-defined," said Carol Smith '51. Sally Lord '53, news editor of the Radcliffe News, felt that "a little interest in politics might bring about a more active Council."

National Student Association delegate Julie Ashenhurst '51 felt that campaigning is necessary, but must be handled carefully because students aren't used to it. "With only two (presidential) candidates this year, campaigning would be very touchy. This year I'm a little leery of the whole business."

Most students felt, though, that the time to start was during the present elections, since the question has been riding too long.