Bunny Fives Cop 2; Eliot, Lowell Split; Adams Wins

Two close House 'A' League basketball games last night ended in victories for Eliot and Leverett over Lowell and Kirkland respectively. In 'B' games, Leverett again beat Kirkland, Adams topped Dunster, and Lowell evened up its 'A' defeat by whipping Eliot.

The Bunnies made an uphill fight in their 'A' contest to cop the double win. Behind 24 to 16 at the half, they finally edged the Deacons with the help of Ned Maroni and Bucky O'Connor who dropped in pine points apiece. The final score was 48 to 43. In the second tilt, Leverett won, 37 to 27.

Eliot and Lowell split even in two games, the Elephant 'A' team winning, 47 to 40, while the Bellboys came back in the 'B' game, 35 to 24. John Nichols paced the winning Eliot combination with 12 markers. Paul Altrocchi scored 16 for the losers. Steve Schatzki led Lowell to its revenge win with 16 points.

In the other game of the evening, Adams made up a half-time deficit of four points to down the Funsters, 43 to 33. Rod MacDougall of the Gold Coasters made 20 points for the evening's high score. Don Keller was top man for Dunster with nine.