WHRB Opens New Series Tonight; Newsmen, Scientist Talk in Forums

In the first of a new series of Harvard Radio Network programs, William Y. Elliott, Leroy B. Williams Professor of History and Political Science, will speak by transcription at 9:15 p.m. tonight on "Mobilization at Home and Abroad." The new show, called "Professors on Politics," will run for 15 minutes every Thursday during the next few months.

After Elliott, the next two speakers will be Rupert Emerson, professor of Government, and Cord Meyer, Jr. ex-president of the World Federalists. The following will appear on the air later: Daniel S. Cheever '39, associate professor of Government; John K. Fairbanks '29, professor of History; Merle Fainsod, professor of Government; and Inis L. Claude, instructor in Government.

Outside speakers will also participate.

Four newsmen speak on "The Responsibility of the Press" at 8 p.m. tonight in the Leverett House dining hall.

The Hutch Forum Committee will present Erwin D. Canham, editor of the Christian Science Monitor; Robert Eddy N.F. of the St. Paul pioneer Press; E. Hugh Morris N.F. of the Louisville Courier Journal; and Douglas M. Fouquet '51, ex-president of the CRIMSON.

Meanwhile, Fairfield Osborne will talk on "Man and His Planet" in Lamont Forum Room, in a speech sponsored by the Conservation Society. Osborne is the author of "Our Plundered Planet," popular expose of the wasting of the earth by poor conservation practices.

The Conservation Society will also show it color and sound film called "Yours is the Land."