The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

First in Oxford-Cambridge Meet to Race Local Crews

An English crew will race on American waters for the first time in history when the winner of the traditional Oxford-Cambridge race meets local crews on the Charles April 14.

The mile and three-quarter contest, to be held in connection with the hundredth anniversary celebration of the Union Beat Club, will pit Harvard M.I.T., and B.U. against the English oarsmen. The British squads will race March 24 for the privilege of making the trip to America.

Twenty-five hundred former oarsmen representing the Crimson, Yale, Tech, the Union Boat Club, and the English Speaking Union, chipped in to make the trip possible. The Union Boat Club will award a Union Boat Club Centennial International Trophy to the winner.

Whichever crew wins the Cambridge-Oxford race will arrive in New York April 7 on the Queen Mary and will driven to Cambridge where it will be trisected and lodged in Lowell, Eliot, and Kirkland. Both crews will train at Newell, though the Englishmen will shut their own shell, an old rowing custom.

After the race on the Charles, the English squad will go to New Haven for a week and will race with Yale and possibly Princeton on the Housatonic April 21.