ISA Music Room Honors Physicist Killed Last Year

The new International Student Center will house a memorial music room in honor of Peter L. Harbury, former graduate student in Applied Physics, a Center official said last night. Harbury was a graduate physics student who was electrocuted in the Vanserg Laboratory last year while performing an experiment.

Harbury, who was born in Holland, was very active at the Center while he was at the University. The music room in the center's new building will be donated by Harbury's parents.

The center is the headquarters for the International Students Association of Greater Boston. The Association takes up its new quarters on 33 Garden Street in April. Located on Phillips Place since 1938, the old building proved inadequate for expanding activities.

Over 300 University students participate in the Association. About one third of these are Americans. Foreign and American students have an opportunity to get acquainted at the center's open houses and bi-monthly dances.

University funds helped found the Association in 1938. Unlike other schools in the area, however, the University discontinued annual donations seven years ago.