Branford Sextet Beats Dudley, 4-1, To Win Crimson-Eli Intramural Title

A nine man Branford College hockey squad outskated the Dudley sextet, 4 to 1. Saturday at the Boston Skating Club to win the Harvard-Yale intramural title. Dudley, 17-men strong, seemed slow and listless compared to the Bulldogs.

Branford took the lead quickly when Pete Bronfman scored at 1:18 of the first period on a pass from Pete Murphy. Superior teamwork showed up again at 8:15 when Jim William took a pass from Murphy and drove the puck home.

Despite its lack of reserves, Branford was playing an all-out offensive game, with the wings back-checking well. Dudley's passing was off and its men frequently missed scoring opportunities by holding the puck too long before trying to shoot. The Commuters did not take a shot until the second period.

In the second period, although Branford tired and Dudley seemed to be pressing, Bronfman tapped in an easy goal at 6:15 on a long pass from Cam Paradise.

The Harvard score came with but three seconds left in the 15-minute period when Doug Wilde scored after taking a pass from Charlie Sullivan from behind the Branford cage.

With time running out in the final period Dudley used a four-man line, leaving back one defenseman. Bronfman, an excellent skater and stick-handler, took advantage of this by getting around the defense on a solo rush and scoring unassisted at 9:15.