Radcliffe SGA Figures Given for First Time, McArdle Tally at 490

For the first time in the history of Radcliffe elections, official tabulations of voting results were released last night. Last year, figures were recorded in the Student Government Association transcript book, but this was not generally known.

Maryalice McArdle '52 captured the SGA presidency with 490 votes, leaving a total of 275 for the only other candidate, Elizabeth Tucker '52.

Miss McArdle used an unusual poster campaign to gain office.

Voting for the other offices was on the preferential system, and results are available in points, and in number of first place votes.

Vice-President

Margaret Fechheimer '52 won the vice-presidency by 1,887 points and 289 first place votes, while runner-up Helen Kornfeld '52 had 855 points and 101 first place votes.

In the closest race Nancy Barrow '53 got the job of Secretary with 1,534 points and 270 votes, just above the 1,532 points and 261 votes cast for Sarah Pond '53.

Janet McNeill '53 led the contest for Treasurer with 2,571 points and 241 first place votes, while Adole Gilmore '53 was elected sub-Treasurer with 2,367 points and 172 first place votes.