Matthews South Five Takes Play-off, 23-22

Matthews South came from behind in the last ten seconds of a Yard National League playoff basketball game to whip Matthews North, 23 to 22, in the I.A.B. last night. Captain Ron Peyton scored the winning basket and led his team with six points.

The winners have lost only one game this year, to Matthews North, 13 to 11, in this term's first game. Matthews South won the first term championship and stands to repeat this term if they can top Stoughton, the American League winner.

In House 'A' League basketball games, Winthrop's Stan Greene dumped in a last-second field goal to squeeze by Lowell, 32 to 31. In the third close game yesterday, Dunster made up a 28 to 17 half-time deficit to top Dudley, 51 to 50. Commuter captain Bob Hoffman scored 26 points while Dave Warden made 18 for the Funsters. The Bellboy 'B' quintet revenged the 'A' team's defeat by trimming Winthrop, 38 to 30.

Winthrop dulled the perfect record of Dudley's hockey team yesterday by holding it to a 1 to 1 tie. The Commuters now have a 6-0-1 score. Adams outskated Dunster, 3 to 1, and Kirkland edged Lowell, 3 to 2, in the other game.

Adams shut out Lowell in the leading match in the House 'C' squash league yesterday. In other games, Eliot crushed the Puritans, 4 to 1, and Kirkland defeated Leverett, 3 to 2.

In the third House swimming meet this year, Adams beat Dunster, 39 to 8, and Winthrop, 27 to 21. Winthrop topped Dunster, 38 to 10. The Deacons trimmed Lowell, 33 to 15, while Leverett whipped Eliot, 29.5 to 18.5. Dudley forfeited to both the Bunnies and the Elephants.