Council Gains Direction Of Seminar in Germany

High Commission for Germany, Rockefeller Foundation Gives $12,000 for Seminar's Work

The Student Council has added a new seminar in Germany to its list of international activities, it was announced last night. Grants totalling $12,000 from the Rockefeller Foundation and the United States High Commission in Germany have been received for this summer's work.

Robert L. Fischelis '49, Graduate Secretary of Phillips Brooks House and last year's director of the seminar, recently requested that the Student Council assumes control of the American Administration. The Council agreed and plans to appoint an administrative leader in the near future.

N.S.A. Helps

The seminar will be run in conjunction with the National Student Association, and the main objective will be to help promote a free exchange of ideas between students of the West and Germans.

Fischelis recently returned from a today organizational trip to Europe. While there, he met with officials of the High Commission, UNESCO, and University groups in Berlin, Geneva, Paris, and London.

John J. McCloy, United States High Commissioner, said in a receipt letter is Fischelis that the seminar had stimulated the establishment of student councils is in German universities and technical schools.

At the meeting of the Continuations Committee of the seminar at Frankfort, Fischelis discovered that two Spanish delegates were members of an international communist ring. After a heated conference, the P.B.H. head succeeded in having the two delegates expelled from the group. Although the decisions made at the conference are not binding upon this summer's administration, it is expected that this action will be carried out.