Crimson Varsity Nine Meets Lord Jeffs Here Today at 3

An Amherst baseball team that is adept at bat but unskilled in the field will take the field (Soldiers) against the Crimson varsity this after noon at 3 p.m.

The Lord Jeffs have a nothing-for-two record to date, losing 8 to 5 to Yale after leading 5 to 4 in the eighth, and dropping a 5 to 4 game to American International. Harvard has lost to Navy and defeated B.U.

One change will be made in the lineup that downed the Terriers on Wednesday. Since Amherst is starting left-handed pitcher Willie Wilson, Crimson coach Stuffy Mcinnis plans to substitute sophomore Walt Greeley for Ralph Robinson in right field. Greeley bats right-handed, and his insertion in the lineup will break up a string of Crimson southpaw out fielders who bat in order.

John Donclan, who lost to the Middies, 5 to 2, last weekend, will start for the Crimson against an experienced and predominantly right-handed Amherst batting order. The only non-letterman for the Jeffs is catcher Bill Greer.

First baseman Dick Dingley, the only lefty baseman in the lineup, second baseman Howie Burnett, captain and center fielder Moose McGrath, and right fielder Bucky Harris have proven the most dangerous Amherst sluggers to date.