Clark Says G.I. Bill May Be Passed For Men Newly Inducted into Army

A G.I. bill for men now in the army and for those soon to be drafted will probably be passed by Congress in the near future, Alexander Clark, assistant director of the office of Student placement, told 20 listeners to his talk on career planning and the draft at the Union last night.

It was also revealed yesterday, that freshmen who entered the Harvard R.O.T.C. unit at midyears will not have to attend summer school to take Military Science 1a if they are financially unable.

Clark said that the popular assumption that the army remakes truck drivers into cooks and vice-versa is false, and that 90% of the men are assigned properly.

Its again emphasized that the decision on student determent is up to the local draft board, and that all men should take the aptitude test.

In order to get ahead in the army and to relate army life to future civilian employment; inductees should first know what they want to do in civilian life and then be aggressive in asking for army posts that will help them toward their goal, Clark added.

Deferment until a man is over army age is nearly impossible, he said. For every year of deferment, a year is added to the top ago at which a man may be drafted, up to 32.