Tennis Teams Play Green on Home Courts

Barring continued downpours, the last varsity and freshman tennis matches of the year will pit the Crimson squads against Dartmouth at 2:30 p.m. today on the Soldiers Field courts. Coach Jack Barnaby's varsity will be trying to keep its Eastern Intercollegiate Tennis League record above 500. The Yardlings will be out to preserve an undefeated season.

Going into this match, the varsity has a 4-3 record in the E.I.T.L., including victories over Columbia, Brown, Army, and Pennsylvania. It has lost to Navy, Princeton, and Yale.

Dartmouth will field a good squad which Barnaby expects to have trouble defeating. The Indians have no outstanding players, but, like the Crimson, they have strength all along their lineup.

Four seniors will play their last matches for the team today. They are Captain Bob Bramhall at two, Bayard Robb at five, Paul Tobias at six, and Hugh Nawn at third doubles. Captainelect Charlie Ufford will play first singles, with Art French at three and Dave Watts at four.

In doubles, Bramhall and Bill Goodman will play first, with Ufford and French second, and Watts and Nawn third.

The freshman lineup will stay the same as the one which has won all its matches this year. Gene Mann is first, followed by Captain John Rauh, Don Spencer, Don Bossart, John Carollo, and Herb Stone. Mann and Rauh will play first doubles, Spencer and Bossart second, and Carollo and Mike Ward third.