Cornell Loses To Nine, 4-1

The varsity baseball team crushed Cornell's chance of tying for the Eastern Intercollegiate league title last Saturday at Ithaca by breaking loose for four runs in the top of the ninth to win, 4 to 1.

Big Red ace Eddie Winnich held the Crimson to five hits for the first eight innings and gave himself a one run lead in the seventh.

But with one away in the ninth, Kev Reilly singled to right and was forced at second by pinch-hitter Rafe Webb. Walt Greeley pinch hit and walked, and John Donelan, batting for pitcher Bob Ward, singled Webb in. Then Ed Foynes scored Greeley and Donelan with the third hit of the inning and came around himself on an error by Winnich. HARVARD ab  r  h  po  a  e Foynes, cf  5  1  2  2  0  0 Robinson, rf  4  0  0  1  1  0 White, ss, c  5  0  1  5  8  0 Akillian, lf, 2b  3  0  0  2  0  1 Johnson, 1b  4  0  2  3  1  0 Reilly, 3b  4  0  2  1  2  0 Cavanaugh, 2b  2  0  0  5  1  0 a Webb, p  1  1  1  1  0  0 Wade, c  2  0  0  1  0  0 b Smith  1  0  0  0  0  0 Fitzpatrick, c  0  0  0  0  0  0 c Greeley, ss  0  1  0  0  0  0 Ward, p  3  0  0  0  2  0 d Donelan, lf  1  1  1  1  0  0   --  --  --  --  --  -- Totals  35  4  8  27  15  1

a Hit into fielder's choice for Cavanaugh

b Flied out for Wade in seventh

c Walked for Fitzpatrick in ninth

d Singled for Ward in ninth

b Flied out for Wade in seventh

c Walked for Fitzpatrick in ninth

d Singled for Ward in ninth