631 New Men Register Here During First Day

Represent 200 Schools; 2nd Year Students Check In 2 Days Later

Business School officials count on a first-year class of 631 to register this term Two days after it files through the lines in the Baker Library Reading Room, second year men will enroll.

Draft and reserve calls did not cut so many men from the ranks here as they did at the Law School, where 200 aspiring barristers were called over the summer. Business School reports state that draft and recall "have not affected registration of first-year students."

New registrants are required to attend a meeting in Carey Auditorium, 9 a.m. Thursday, where Dean David and other officials will address them. Classes start Thursday afternoon with a discussion of the cases included in each new registrant's envelope. Second year men begin regular classes next Monday.

The incoming class will contain a large number of foreign students and approximately 60 men sent by the Armed Services to receive business management training. Most of these servicemen are being given this training at the Government's expense before they are placed on active duty.

Over 200 colleges and universities are represented by the new men. Harvard is sending 90 graduates, by far the largest contingent from any one school.

In addition to the usual number of students housed in the school dormitories, there will be about 300 married students living in and around the Cambridge area, according to present estimates.