Mademoiselle Comments on Annex: Its Girls, Studies, Dates, Fashions

"Radcliffe girls have their cake and eat it with "Harvard men," observes an article in the current issue of Madamoiselle.

The magazine, which will appear on the newsstands today,' contains a six-page illustrated survey of the Annex activities. The article comments on Radcliffe education and social life, the Harvard faculty, and "the richness and freedom of life at Radcliffe."

The Radcliffe girl has 'good looks, brains, and an unusual amount of urbanity," claims the author, Miss Nancy Lynch. "With a ratio of five Harvard men to every Radcliffe student, almost every girl can count on three or four dates a week," she states.

Yet the article adds, "Radcliffe women take to studying. They feel deeply, shyly and with a sense of indebtedness that they are getting 'the best education in the country'." Miss Lynch continues that they "look forward to stiff generals."

Masterial for the story was gathered during exam period last June. Fashion photographs, posed by 'Cliffedwellers, are scattered through the article.

Radcliffe has ordered reprints to distribute to its alumnae and other interested persons.