Six Favored Over Tufts at Arena Tonight; '55 Performs at Andover

After spluttering through the early games against such teams as B.C. and B.U., the varsity hockey team is beginning to sample what should have been the pre-Christmas fare. Having ripped through M.I.T. Monday, 14 to 1, the pucksters take on Tufts tonight in a game that promises to be equally one-sided.

Game time is 9 p.m. at the Arena, following an M.I.T., New Hampshire match at 7.

Coach Cooney Weiland will use the same six that started against M.I.T. With defenseman Bill Bliss still benched because of an injury, captain Dusty Burke and sophomore Tony Patton will be at the defense posts. Brad Richardson will continue at goal.

The starting forward line has remained the same all season. Walt Greeley is at center, with George Chase at right wing and Amory Hubbard at the other flank. Greeley and Hubbard each got one goal against M.I.T.

On the second line, Welland has defensemen Jim O'Brien and Jeff Coolidge, and forwards Bill Timpson, Dick Clasby, and Nat Harris. Substitute center Norm Wood, a sophomore, had a good night against M.I.T., sending in four tallies.

Freshmen Still Unbeaten

Unlike the varsity, the freshmen skaters are running into some tough teams now, although to date they are undefeated. Today the Yardlings travel to Andover to meet one of the better prep school teams. Harvard will be favored after Monday's 4 to 3 win over Belmont Hill.

Coach Myles Huntington will continue to use his two-platoon system. His first team is composed of Jim Moynahan and Ed Mrkonich at defense and Neddie Bliss. Doug Manchester, and Scott Coolidge on the line. Manchester played exceptionally well against Belmont, scoring two goals, and left wing Bliss has been consistently on the high scoring list. Bob Hathaway will be in the goal.