18 Runners Enter BAA Track Meet

Close to 18 Harvard trackmen will participate in the Boston Athletic Association track meet at the Boston Garden Saturday. For the first time in three years, however, there will be no Crimson runner in one of the big trophy races.

Ron Berman will miss his first big-time 600 since two years ago, but he will anchor the mile relay team. The relay team will probably be bolstered by the return of Ed Grutsner. John Packard and Phil Meyers will round out the rest of the team.

The freshmen will send their undefeated relay team into the meet in an attempt to make it two in a row over Yale. However, Tufts freshmen will probably be favorites in the race after their strong showing in the Knights of Columbus Meet. It is uncertain as yet whether the varsity two mile relay team will be able to run Saturday because of a tight B.A.A. schedule.

Bob Twitchell and Bob Mello will lead the individual entries. Mello will be trying to improve his 13 foot vault in the K. of C. meet, while Twitchell and freshman Bob Rittenberg will compete in the hurdles.

Bill Geick and Pete Dow will run in the dash along with Ben Kreitzberg of the law school. Freshman Herb Collins will probably run unattached after being declared ineligible for the year earlier this week due to a transfer mix-up.