Harriers Outrun Northeastern and Brown; '55 Wins

Top performances from four junior veterans gave the varsity cross country team a decisive victory over Northeastern and Brown yesterday. The Yardling harriers also won, edging Northeastern by one point, with the Bruin Cubs trailing.

Although Northeastern's crack distance star Ed Shea won decisively, the Crimson's Hubbie Maguire, Hal Gerry, Emil San Soucie, and Bruce Phillips turned in better than average times to put the varsity far in front. The final score was Harvard 22, Northeastern 38, and Brown 76.

Brown's heavily favored Walt Molineaux finished 21st after getting a stitch in the last mile. Molineaux has won against the varsity for the past two years.

The fifth Crimson scorer, Marsh Childs, was less than two minutes behind winner Shea. Frank Nahighian and Bob Swett were the other varsity finishers, although neither figured in the point total.

Yardling Al Wills led the freshman runners over the three mile course. Dick Ryan of Northeastern challenged Wills until the last mile when he fell behind the pace. Other Yardling scorers were Jerry Whatmough, Don French, Jim Gerry, and Ken Wilson.