'Cliffe Girls Open PBH Blood Drive At Union Tonight

Three Miss Radcliffe candidates will help get the 1952 PBH Red Cross blood drive under way tonight at the Freshman Union.

And when the drive opens in full swing Monday, a booth will be set up in Harvard Square, manned by 'Cliffe students, to enable Cambridge townspeople to donate blod for the first time in a Harvard drive.

Chairman Gordon L. Brumm '53 and Laurence I. Alpert '54 hope to surpass the record 2,106 pints collected in last fall's drive. A total of 2,500 pints would set a new national record for civilian donations.

Only a partial solicitation gets under way tonight, covering the Class of '56. Miss Radcliffe--Dickie Lee Hebert--and candidates Nancy Leet '56 and Toni Traugott '56 will appear tonight to sign up freshman donors, and three candidates will appear alternately at the evening meals Thursday and Friday in the Union.

The drive opens up in full swing Monday, when the University, Radcliffe, Sargent, Lesley, Longy School of Music, and the Episcopal Theological School will be asked to contribute pints.