Bunnies Lead League After 14 to 0 Victory; Funsters Nip Puritans

The Leverett football team moved to the top of the House league with an impressive 14 to 0 victory over Lowell yesterday, while Dunster topped hapless Winthrop, 6 to 0.

The Bunnies, with three wins and one tie, have seven points; Adams and Eliot have only six, with three wins apiece.

Leverett scored in the first period against the Bellboys on a 96-yard march. Dan Tyler caught four consecutive passes during the drive, and Joe Hindeman made the touchdown on a 30-yard end run.

Late in the last quarter the Bellboys took the ball on the Bunnies' 40, but gave it up on their own two after Al Glazerman had tackled Lowell backs three times for huge losses. Taking over from there, the Bunnies scored again as Sandy Batcheldor bucked over.

A last-ditch pass by Winthrop with five seconds remaining in the game backfired as Ron Peyton intercepted the ball for Dunster and ran 30 yards for the game's only score. The play had been extremely even up to this point, with both defensive teams standing up well. Dunster's 145-pound guard, Andy Ichiki, continually broke through to nail Winthrop backs behind the line.

In soccer Leverett beat Dudley 1 to 0 and Kirkland topped Adams 2 to 0. Dunster's touch football team conquered Winthrop, 20-12.