Crimson Jayvees Defeated 9-0 by Princeton Eleven

Princeton's previously winless junior varsity transformed a couple of breaks into a 9 to 0 victory over the Crimson jayvees, Saturday at Princeton's University Field.

It was the second loss in a row for Norm Shepard's squad, which has also won two. Two weeks ago, the jayvees were handed a 7 to 6 defeat by Dartmouth's junior varsity.

The Tigers scored early in the second half shortly after recovering a Crimson fumble. This was a serious shortcoming which hindered the Crimson throughout the contest, and chiefly during the first half. The Tigers pushed over their only touchdown on a four-yard buck, minutes after recovering a fumble inside the Crimson 20.

Tiger Field Goal

In the third period, the Tigers ended the scoring and assured themselves a victory with a seven-yard field goal.

The Crimson's most serious threat came early in the fourth period, but was immediately killed by a penalty. Quarterback Joe Conzelman had connected with halfback Frank White on a long pass play, and White was forced out of bounds at the Princeton ten. But the play was nullified by a holding penalty and the Crimson never got a serious scoring drive moving after that.

Both defenses were steady and strong, but the offensive game on each side was sloppy. Although the Tigers and the Crimson were expected to use single wing attacks, neither squad varied much from the T-formation.

Quarterbacks Absent

Shepard was forced to employ the "T" because of the absence of his single wing quarterbacks. Both Paul Murphy and Gerry Marsh were with the varsity. Joe Conzelman assumed the major burden in the quarterback slot, as Walt Greeley saw only limited action because of a leg injury.

Several men went both ways as Shepard deviated from his usual three-team policy.