Eight Professors Accept Salzburg Positions for '53 Summer Sessions

Eight professors from the University, five of them from the Law School, have accepted posts at the Salzburg Seminar this summer, Administrative Director Frederick P. Mulhauser announced yesterday.

The Law professors will arrive as a group, lecturing and presiding over seminars from June 10 to July 8.

Harry T. Levin '23, professor of English, will instead lecture at the General Session, July 23 to August 23, on "The Symbolic Novel in America."

Also at the General Session, Clyde K. M. Kluckhohn, professor of Anthropology, and his wife, Florence R. Kluckhohn, lecturer on Sociology, are scheduled to lead two seminars. Their topics have not been announced.

Chafee to Lecture on Human Rights

Kingman Brewster, Jr., assistant professor of Law, will direct a seminar in "Legal Enforcement of Competition." Another seminar is to be conducted by Zechariah Chafee, Jr., University Professor, on the topic, "Fundamental Human Rights in the U.S. Constitution."

Two other seminars are scheduled for Paul A. Freund, Charles Stebbins Fairchild Professor of Law, and Henry M. Hart, Jr. '26, professor of Law. Their topics are; "The Distribution of Governmental Power in a Constitutional Federation," and "The Role of the Courts in the Development of American Law."

The only lecture in the Law series will be given by Arthur T. von Mehren, assistant professor of Law, on the topic, "The Institutional Framework of American Law."

Last year four graduate students and four undergraduates, one of them a Radcliffe student, were accepted for the Seminar. Approximately the same number will be making the trip to Austria this summer.