Cummings to Give Norton Lecture; Four Other Speakers Talk Tonight

Chatauqua comes to the University tonight, at least at first glance. No less than five lectures, including the second in the Charles Eliot Norton series given this year by E. E. Cummings '15, will be on tap here.

Cummings speaks at 8 p.m. in Sanders Theatre. Continuing in the vein in which he opened last month (i and my parents), Cummings tonight offers "i and their son." He will read selected poems at the conclusion of the talk.

"The Idea of Responsibility in Ethics and Faith" is the subject of four William Beldon Noble Lectures, to be delivered by Helmut R. Niebuhr, professor at the Yale Divinity School. Niebuhr opens his series at 8 o'clock tonight in Appleton Chapel, speaking on "The Moral Dialogue."

The second Noble Lecture, next

the Boston Geological Society join to present Dr. F. H. Stewart of the University of Durham at 8 p.m. in the Lecture Room of the Geological Museum. Dr. Stewart will speak on "British Permian Evaporites and the Gypsum Anhydrite Problem."

The Catholic Club presents Dom Aelred Graham, O.S.B., Prior of St. Gregory's Priory, Portsmouth, R.I., as the second speaker in its series of lecture-meetings. Father Aelred will talk on "Catholicism and the World Today" at 8 p.m., in Emerson D.