Jordan Orders Secret Practices As Varsity Gets Ready for Yale

The heavy cloak of has about the varsity field. Coach Jordan has closed the doors to all, as the prepares for Yale Saturday.

A lot will be done behind the old wooden walls of the varsity field to ready the Crimson for Ed Molloy and Company. Injuries have out deeply into Jordan's line-up of seasoned players. Ron Noonan, who suffered a shoulder injury in the Brown game, is permanently side-lined. Bob Hardy will definitely sit out the Yale game with an ankle injury he received at Princeton two weeks ago.

Brian Reynolds, starting defensive halfback and only experienced reserve to back up wingback John Ederer, is on the doubtful list. Reynolds injured his knee at Princeton and was forced to sit out the Brown game.

The defensive eleven may be further weakened by the absence of starting safety Sam Fyock, and veteran defensive nd Harvey Popell. Both are side-lined with knee injuries. The question of whether their injuries will be sufficiently healed for them to see action will probably go unanswered until Saturday.

Starting wingback John Ederer is suffering from a badly Although he is expected to start, Jordan is not sure how well his will hold up. If Ed is able to see only limited action, Jordan may be forced to call on sophomores Frank White and Otis Dewan. Both saw action against Brown, but both lack the size and experience to replace Ederer without weakening the Crimson attack.

Jordan will be forced to experiment to strengthen the injury riddled squad.

Dick Duback will get the call at safety in place of Fyock. Duback started last year at this spot.

The remaining absences may force some offensive starters to go both ways. Center Buddy Lemay will probably fill in for Hardy, while reserve defensive halfback Art French will get Reynold's starting berth.