Four Dance Chairmen Settle Internal War; Request Decanal Help

The Interhouse Social Activities Committee settled its differences and made two policy changes yesterday afternoon, in a closed meeting, Chairman Otto F. Grote '53 said last night.

Adams, Dunster, and Kirkland House chairmen agreed with Grote that the recent price slashing war over Yale game dance tickets was "the fault of the four chairmen involved, rather than the fault of the Interhouse Committee."

In an effort to formalize committee procedure, the committee voted "to require the presence of a dean at all meetings."

Grote said he would talk to Dean Watson today. Watson was unavailable for comment last night.

The Committee also voted that a representative from the Union Committee and Dudley attend all meetings. Grote attributed this move to the price of tickets to the 1956 dance undercutting all Yale weekend House dances.

The price war started this week when Adams, Dunster, and Kirkland Houses reduced the prices of their dances from $3.60 to $2.80.