J.V., Yardling Varsity Elevens, Booters Journey to Nassau

Yardlings Seek to Recover From Beating by Bruin Cubs

PRINCETON, N.J., Nov. 7--The freshman football team went through a brisk workout at University Field here today as it prepared for its most important and roughest game of the year, against the heavily-favored Princeton freshmen, at 11:30 tomorrow morning.

This is the big game for the Crimson, which lost to powerful Brown, 39 to 0, last week and has a 2 and 2 record. If the Yardlings win today, they should have little trouble with weak Yale and would end the season with a 4 and 2 record. Even if they lose today, Bob Margarita's team will probably beat Yale.

Princeton, which opened its season with a 7 to 7 tie against Penn, has won three in a row, rolling over Rutgers, Columbia, and Lehigh. The Tigers are sparked by Royce Flippin, a 285 pounder from Montclair who has scored eight touchdown and passed for three in his last two outings.

But the Crimson could spring an upset. It looked impressive beating Dartmouth and Worcester Academy, and the Brown score pyramided only after Margarita had sent in his third and fourth teams.

John Michelsen, who has alternated at quarterback with Joe Crehore all season, will start today, and will call the signals. Dexter Lewis, leading scorer with three of the team's five touchdowns, will start again at wingback. Dick Oehmler, a good runner and an excellent kicker, will be at tailback. The only big change in the backfield sees Art Painter starting in place of Bill Volmer at fullback. Volmer, the team's best tackler, will start on defense.

Captain Dave Bodiker will start at center, although Sherwin Samuels and Jan Meyer are likely to play there behind him. Bodiker will probably do most of his work on defense. Either Tom Jones or Pete Summers will team with Bill Meigs at the guards.