Crimson Five Loses to Red; '55 Victorious

ITHACA, N.Y., Feb. 13--Harvard's slumping basketball team took another belt in the breadbasket tonight, as front-running Cornell handed the Crimson its sixth straight Eastern Intercollegiate League defeat, 69 to 44.

Outclassed from the start, the Crimson could erect no defense to stop the sharp-shooting Big Red, paced by John Werner and co-Captain Fred Eydt. Forest Hansen and Bill-Dennis picked up ten points each for the Crimson.

The Crimson went six minutes before scoring its first points. By the time Dennis put in a set shot for the initial Harvard score, Cornell was ahead, 17 to 0. At the end of the first quarter the Crimson trailed, 19 to 5.

Hansen did most of his point-getting in the second quarter as the last-place Crimson made a brief up-surge. Half-time score was 29 to 19. At one point in the third quarter the score was 30 to 23. This was the closest the, Crimson came all night, though the Big Red threw in all its substitutes.

Tabor Academy became the eighth straight victim of the freshman basketball team, 52 to 38, at Marion, Mass., yesterday afternoon. Coach Floyd Wilson substituted freely, as the Crimson romped to their ninth win against only one defeat.