Squash Men Top Amherst Here, 9-0

The Crimson squash team whitewashed Amherst, 9 to 0, yesterday in Hemenway Gym for its eighth straight intercollegiate victory this season. The varsity has only the Yale game left in the Intercollegiate Squash League season, but even if the once-defeated Elis win, they can only tie for the League Championship.

Despite the illness of Dave Watts and Muggy Mugaseth, the Crimson's regular number two and four men, the varsity lost no more than one game to any single Amherst player.

Charlie Ufford, playing first for the Crimson, easily defeated John Dickinson, losing one game, 12 to 15, but winning three others, 15-6, 15-6, 15-12. The most exciting contest of the match was at the number six slot where Charlie Elliot dropped his first game to Bill Banks, but took the next three by close scores to win the match.

Crimson coach Jack Barnaby said he thought the team rebounded well from its loss in the Nationals last Saturday. He especially praised the play of Captain Jom Bacon, who took over the number two spot. Dave Symmes also earned Barnaby's praise for winning his match after being hit in the chin by a racquet during play.