Reserve Calls Force Busy School Size Drop

The Business School has suffered a slight drop in enrollment since last fall due to the departures for the armed forces, Miss H. Eastman, Registrar of the Business School, announced Friday.

At last week's registration 598 first year students returned from an original class of 611, while the second year class dropped from 513 to 507. Some of the men left because of personal reasons, but most because of calls by the Army and Navy Reserve, Miss Eastman said.

None of these men left because of academic reasons, she continued, since mid-term marks will not be known until later on in the month, when more students are expected to drop out.

Although it does expect the armed forces to take other men out of school during the coming term, the Business School does not expect a sizable drop in enrollment before June.

The Business School also announced that a new group in its Advanced Management Training Program will register on Feb. 27. One hundred sixty leaders in business and industry are expected to attend this 21st bi-annual session.