UN Group to Conduct Mock Session Here

Meeting of NE College Groups To Discuss Kashmir Dispute, Atomic Power, 38th Parallel

Rassian atomic energy proposals will assume an important focal point at this year's New England Conference of the Collegiate Councils of the United Nations. The U.N. Council of Harvard will play host at the mock General Assembly committee meetings which will be held on March 1 and 2.

Other international pressure points which the Conference will cover include a Security Council plan for ending the Kashmir dispute, the 38th parallel as a dividing line of Korea, and international trusteeship for Formosa.

A large plenary session of the Assembly will cover the proposal for "bloc" acceptance of the several current applications for U.N. membership a proposal which was recently passed in the U.N despite United States objections.

Senator Theodore F. Green (D-R.L), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, who recently attended the Strasbourg Conferences on European Union, will report on the conferences on the afternoon of March 1.

The Assembly sessions will be conducted according to General Assembly rules of procedure. Dr. Richard Swift, visiting lecturer from New York University still act as parliamentarian for the plenary session.

Delegates to the conference will present the point of view of the nation they represent. "Positions are now open to all members of Harvard and Radcliffe," said Samuel Olevson '54, chairman of the conference committee, "and it is hoped that many of the foreign students at the University will act as delegates or advisors."