HYRC Will Hold Mock Convention; McKeldin to Talk

The H.Y.R.C. will hold a mock national Republican convention late in April which will be eyed with considerable interest by the leaders of all political parties, Roger A. Moore '53, vice-president of the College Republicans and Director of the College Service Committee of the Young Republican National Federation, said last night. Governor Theodore Roosevelt McKeldin (R-Md.) will be the keynote speaker.

The results of the convention should prove a "valuable political barometer" of Young Republican sentiment, Moore stated. Since the H.Y.R.C. has members from 40 states, their vote should also be an indication of national sentiment, he added.

To show how important this convention is to the G.O.P. candidates, Moore continued, both Taft's and Eisenhower's organizations will help to finance their campaigns here. These funds will be used for posters, literature, and postage.

"Governor McKeldin is without question the finest orator the Republican party has today," Moore said. As the favorite-son candidate from Maryland he controls 24 votes to the national convention, he continued, "and may very well be the G.O.P. candidate for Vice-President if a deadlock occurs."

H.Y.R.C. members and University Republicans and their dates may sign up now as delegates from specific states, he concluded.